Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Different Take on the Social Security Master Death File

This website has the Social Security Master Death File in a slightly different format. You can click on the year, then click on the day of the month and it will pull up a list (give it some time) of everyone in the Social Security Master Death File who was born on that date.

Of course the Master Death File is not perfect but this is an interesting way to search it.

Go here: http://www.ssdmf.info/

scroll down to the years and choose your year. Then choose the date within that year. I easily got a list of everyone in the Social Security Master Death File born on 27 January 1917.

2 comments:

  1. An unusual way to search! When I'm searching for folks, I usually search by surname and last residence just to see who comes up. I seldom know the birthdates.
    However, as my favorite web site for the SSDI (rootsweb.com) took it down and other sites are leary of including the SSDI it is always nice to have alternate sources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a really interesting way to allow site users to view the data.

    ReplyDelete